Friday, May 14, 2010

Yes I am alive

Hi everyone. This is just a quick one because I have not posted in a while and I bet you are all starting to wonder where I have disappeared to! I am doing fine. I haven't posted because it has been so crazy here. Xavier has been very sick for quite a while with raging fevers etc. He has had an upper respiratory infection. He has been very clingy, and rightly so as my poor munchkin has been just miserable and very sick. He is on the mend now thankfully. Just as he is getting better, I went into hospital yesterday and had my surgery. It all went well. There was talk for awhile that I may have to go in for blood transfusions prior to the surgery due to my low iron levels. Thankfully I was able to raise my iron levels enough with supplements and didn't need the transfusions. I was very grateful for that not being added to my list of things to stress over.

I am a little sore now and was home today resting. Very tired from the anesthetic. The doctor said I should be fine for work on Monday so it will be good that the recovery is so short. I am having trouble bending and picking up Xavier so that is getting me down a bit. Joel is helping a lot though and has cut back his work load to help me with him. Strangely I feel very content with my decision to have the device fitted. I officially can't get pregnant right now until the device is removed in a few years, at which time we may choose to pursue TTC again or just simply have another device fitted in its place. I expected to feel sad and to cry but I don't feel sad and I don't feel the need to cry. I feel thankful and peaceful that this is over and that hopefully the bleeding I have been battling for so long is now not something I need to worry about. I am looking forward to feeling healthy and energetic - something I have not felt in so long now.

Thanks so much to all of you for the messages of support you have left me. I will catch up on all your blogs in the next couple of days. I have been so behind the 8 ball.

Love Jo xoxoxo

3 comments:

  1. So glad to see an update and glad to know that the surgery went well. Definitely hoping that you will be feeling so much better and that the surgery will greatly help this awful problem. Also hoping that Xavier will be all better soon, poor little guy!

    Take care of yourself this weekend (or even better, let hubby take care of you)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Glad your surgery went well and you are on the mend! Glad your little man is on the mend too! Take care of yourself...you deserve a mini-vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad the surgery went good! I hope Xavier feels better. You guys sure are dealing with a lot. :(

    Thanks for the update! :)

    ReplyDelete