Sunday, March 28, 2010

Patching and a few other things

Today I had a really nice day. Xavier and I went for a trip to a shopping centre that is about an hour's drive away. I had never been there before so it was fun to go somewhere different. The reason we went there is because a while ago when Xavier got his glasses I promised him that because he was being so good with them (he really is a gem and rarely takes them off!) that I would take him to the shopping centre and buy him a Humpty Dumpty stuffed toy. I had seen them before and at his gymbaroo classes he has learnt the song. Although of course he is too young to actually sing it, he does recognise it and can do actions to it. So I thought he would like having his own Humpty. Though I know he probably had no idea what I had promised him, I did promise it and wanted to get him the toy. But after seeing them everywhere, as soon as I wanted to buy one every store had suddenly sold out! That's why we ended up driving an hour to a shopping centre that had one in stock. But it was well worth it because we ended up bringing a Humpty home with us, and Xavier absolutely loves him.

Because Joel was working, we then ended up spending the rest of the day at my Mum and Dad's. There is a cot there for Xavier so he is all set when we go there. It is good company for me when Joel has a long work day. My mum is always really helpful and usually offers us to stay for dinner and then sends us home with a dinner for Joel so I don't have to cook, as well as a dinner to put in the freezer for Xavier for another day. That is exactly what happened today - Mum had made a shephard's pie and it was so delicious! Xavier loved it too and I am sure Joel will enjoy it when he gets home tonight.

Speaking of Joel, listen to what my beautiful husband did on Friday for me: I went to work and halfway through the day I get a phone call from reception asking me to come over and collect something that is at the front desk for me. I went downstairs wondering what it could be. When I got there I see a big arrangement of orange roses (my favourite colour flower is orange) with a teddy bear and a card. On the card is written "Roses are red, violets are blue, we met seven years ago today, and I still love you. Yours, Joel" I was blown away by his thoughtfulness and I really had to fight back some tears. It was a beautiful gesture. I have been a bit stressed out lately with Xavier's eye problems, as well as my friend being sick (I mentioned that a while ago you might remember? While she is doing better she still needs lots of support and it is stressful sometimes). Also I have really missed Joel as he has been working so hard getting the business up and running (you might remember he changed careers recently and that is all going fantastic as well, just obviously requires him to put in a lot of hours away from us.) I felt so blessed to have such a beautiful husband. Thankyou God.

I am in the middle of another bleeding episode but thankfully while it is making me tired it is a little bit more manageable than the last few have been. I got some bloodwork done recently and I am very anaemic but luckily not enough to warrant blood transfusions which they first thought might be the case. I am on iron supplements and an iron rich diet, and am looking forward to seeing my GYN in a few weeks to get this all sorted. I am so thankful this episode is a little more subdued. The the last two have forced me to bed for a few days but this one I have been out and about instead of being housebound. Hopefully this will be the last one before my appointment with the doctor and I can say goodbye to all this.

Lastly we received Xavier's eye patches from the Royal Childrens Hospital and have had our first go at patching his eye. We are supposed to patch him for 3 hours, 6 days a week. So far we have managed one 20min stint where we managed to distract him with a toy. All the other times we have tried he has layed on the floor and cried and tried to get it off. It is really heart breaking and I hate doing it. Hopefully soon he can get used to it and realise it is going to do him some good. I guess all he sees right now is "hey get this thing off me! it is making it so hard for me to see!" All we can do is keep trying and keep taking little steps in the right direction.

Well thats all from me, sorry for the novel. Enjoy your week everyone! xoxoxo

2 comments:

  1. How sweet of Joel! I bet that really made your day!

    Glad your friend is doing better. Thanks for the update!

    I hope the patches work for Xavier. Keep us posted!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet, sweet gift from your husband! I love little "just because" surprises like that.

    P.S. I just finished eating some leftover shepherd's pie for lunch. :)

    ReplyDelete