Thursday, April 26, 2012

The baby story

So in my last post I mentioned that we had to postpone baby number 2 for now. Here is the story on that: I had to visit my GP for a referral to see my OB/GYN to have my Mirena device removed so that we could then start IVF in the near future. I decided that seeing as I have had so many issues with iron deficiency in the past, especially during my pregnancy with Xavier, that I should get my iron levels checked before any babies. The GP thought this would be a great idea and did some bloodwork, deciding also to check a number of other things. The bloodwork came back and I was a tad low on iron but I also found I was extremely low on both Vitamin D and B12. She suggested delaying removing the mirena until this is all sorted out. So I am on a few supplements and we will recheck all levels in a few months. I am feeling pretty OK about all this. I really would love another baby but I feel a lot more patience, unlike before having Xavier when I felt so much panic and anxiety and urgency. I would rather take the time to have a healthy body before hopefully putting a bub in there. Joel and I think that seeing as we had to delay things, we may wait til next year so that I can be bridesmaid in my friends wedding in Jan and not have to worry about pregnancy inconveniencing things like dress fittings etc. Also because we have our house on the market that will also give us time to get settled into our new place before going through the stress of IVF. So that is where we are at the moment and I'll keep you posted. xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment